Beginning with Eve in the Garden of Eden, Satan has been deceiving us ever since. (Gen. 3:1-7) There is no truth in himfor he is a liardeceiving the whole world. (Jn. 8:44; Rev. 12:9) By way of contrast, God has made wonderful promises to us for victory over our sin and self-deception, if we know, choose to believe, claim, and live them out: Jesusdivine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in his divine nature. (2 Pet. 1:3,4 NLT)
Most of us error however, by believing Satans accusations against us, or believing our own feelings about ourselves, rather than claiming and clinging to Gods promises. (See Rev. 12:10) 2 Cor. 10:5 and Jn. 8:31, 32 remind us that We take captive every thought to make it obedient to ChristIf you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Let me challenge you that over the next three weeks you take one of the following promises each day. Meditate on it, claim its truth and pray it into your life. Memorize some of the passages. Then go out and choose to live like a child of the King.
OLD LIFE Lies: NEW LIFE Truth 1
What I think or feel about myself What is true about me
1. I am unworthy/unacceptable. I am accepted and worthy.
Psa. 139:13-24; Rom. 15:7
2. I feel like a failure/inadequate. I am adequate. 2 Cor. 3:5, 6; Phil. 4:13
3. I am a fearful/anxious person. I am free from fear. Psa. 34:42; 2 Tim. 1:7; I Pet. 5:7; 1 Jn. 4:18
4. I am a weak person. I am strong in Christ. Psa. 37:34; Dan. 11:32; Phil. 4:19
5. I am in bondage. I am free. Psa. 32:7; Jn. 8:36; 2 Cor. 3:17
6. I am not very smart. I have Gods wisdom. Pro. 2:6, 7; I Cor. 1:30; Jms. 1:5
7. I am unloved. I am very loved. Jn. 15:9; Rom. 8:35-39; Eph. 2:4; I Jn. 4:10,11
1 The War Within Robert Daniels, Crossway Books, Wheaton , IL pgs 77-79