Paul admonished the Corinthians, “Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?–unless, indeed, you fail to meet the test!” (2 Cor. 13:5) Why not take some time and respond to the following personal assesment of your life:+
What are the key Scriptural passages that God has used in my life and ministry? Do they continue to carry their original influence?
Focusing on my relationship with Christ:
- Do I know Christ more intimately now then I did a year ago? In what ways? How did this happen?
- What am I praying about? What should I be praying about?
- How much influence do the Scriptures have over my mind? Over my decisions?
- How would I describe my relationship with the Holy Spirit?
Assessing my character:
- In what areas have I seen the most growth in my character?
- In what ways is my relationship with Christ reflected in my relationships with people: spouse, children, family, colleagues, neighbors, friends and others?
- Is my conscience clear in matters of personal desires: g., use of time, money, position, influence, sex, food?
- What is the greatest inconsistency in my life?
- What positive and negative motives drive me?
- Am I struggling with negative attitudes such as anger, pride, resentments, fear? What should be done about them?
Assessing my personal growth and continuing development:
- What personal growth and development happened this past year? What have I learned about my strengths, my design, my gifts and contributions?
- Am I learning? What questions am I asking?
- How is my relationship with others in the Body? Am I a part of an enabling community?
- To whom am I accountable? how has this influenced me?
Where do I go from here?
- Record personal goals and aspirations
My prayer is that you are having a great week!