“All at once he followed her like an ox going to the slaughter…” (Pro. 7:22)
So, for vulnerable oxen, here’s a brief course on discerning between sensual and spiritual women:
SENSUAL WOMEN ARE:
- Proud in their manner – “The women…are haughty…walking along with outstretched necks…” By bending their necks back, the women of Israel were trying to make themselves taller than they were because they possessed an exalted opinion of themselves. (Isa. 3:16)
- Impudent with their eyes – “…Flirting with their eyes…” They allured men with their eyes, by casting voluptuous and erotic glances with an affected air of innocence. (Isa. 3:16)
- Seductive in their walk – “…Tripping along with mincing steps, with ornaments jingling on their ankles.” These grown women, who were well versed in sin, tried to give off an air of youthful innocence by “tripping” along [slow shuffling mini-steps] as would a child. (Isa. 3:16)
SPIRITUAL WOMEN ARE:
- Quietly submissive to their husbands – “Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives…” (I Pet. 3:1,2a)
- Uncorrupted and devout toward God – “They (the unbelieving husband) may be won over without words by the behavior of themselves, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.” (I Pet. 3:2b, 3)
- Adorned in a dignified and modest fashion –“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.” (I Pet. 3:3)
- Possessed of a humble and tranquil disposition – “…Let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.”(I Pet. 3:4)
QUESTION: In your heart of hearts, which type of woman would you really prefer to have? Why?
My prayer is that you are having a great week!