- Not easy to apply while competing in a fast-paced, profit-driven business environment:
- If implemented, can easily be interpreted by competitors as a sign of weakness: A sure-fire formula for disaster!
Except for the fact that God’s word calls us to a life of HUMILITY:
“…Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (I Pet. 5:5)
How do I know if my life is laced with PRIDE or graced with HUMILITY:
THOSE DRIVEN BY PRIDE ARE+:
- Egotistical (masking a sense of insecurity).
- Unable to respond graciously to criticism.
THOSE GRACED WITH HUMILITY:
- Are so sure of themselves that they feel no need to draw attention to themselves or their status.
- Revel in the accomplishments and potential of others.
- Have a capacity for self-criticism.
- Allow, enable, and empower others to shine.
Moses, considered by many to be the greatest leader of all time,
“…was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.” (Numb.12:3)
As Christ’s followers we choose to embrace Moses’ example rather than emulate prevailing market-driven values. Right?
My prayer is that you are having a great week!